Sunday, June 20, 2010

Welcome!


Hello there! Thanks for reading my blog! My name is Brean and I am student at California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly) in San Luis Obispo, California. I am a fruit science major with a minor in agricultural communications. For the past four years, I have worked for a Turlock farmer who grows stone fruits, nuts, and vegetables in Turlock, my hometown. My job consists of driving to the bay area of California in cities such as San Francisco to sell produce at farmer's markets. This summer will be a bit different, as I will be recording all of my experiences in this blog for an internship for my agricultural communications minor. This blog is designed for a few purposes. One is to inform others about the importance of agriculture and how California agriculture plays a key role in producing the food and fibers for the entire planet. Additionally, it is to offer those who aren't familiar with a farmer's market a glimpse into this unique subculture. I also want to offer people who are involved in the agriculture industry an idea of just what the general public's perception of agriculture is. Most importantly, I would like to simply give individuals not involved/familiar with agriculture an opportunity to learn more about an agricultural commodity is grown and sold. I am excited to share my experiences of bridging the gap between producers and consumers at the farmer’s market! Enjoy and feel free to comment (you can become a follower by signing up with blogspot!)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brean,
    Great blog. I've read all your posts up until today. Very lovely to meet you at the Concord Farmers' Market.

    I delight in farmers' markets, vendors and friends I've made over the years. Happy Harvesting to you. Smiles, Anna, The Lemon Lady
    www.thelemonlady.blogspot.com or AnnaAndAva@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete